At KS3 the majority of students study the subjects listed below. Please click the links to our subjects for descriptions of what your child will be learning and ways to support your child at home
The curriculum model at The Hart School is regularly reviewed and redesigned when appropriate in order to reflect:
• The desire for a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum based on the principles of: depth, excellence, equity, clarity and enjoyment.
• The changing educational landscape
• The continuing importance of the EBacc and the introduction of Progress 8 as the headline figures
Aims and Objectives of the Curriculum
The aim of the curriculum is to maximise the number of pupils reaching the highest grades possible in their best eight qualifications studied, thus enabling pupils successful progression to Post 16 opportunities. The objectives underpinning the curriculum model are:
• To accelerate the progress of all pupils, with a clear focus on the basics (English and Maths), • To increase the percentage of pupils continuing their learning Post 16 at the appropriate level
• To facilitate guided choices so as to develop a personalised KS4 curriculum enabling pupils to gain academic success in a variety of subjects that reflect pupils’ needs, interests and strengths.
• To develop responsible citizens with strong British values.
• A coherent 5 year programme from Y7 that supports the Academy in maximising the proportion of pupils achieving the new accountability measures.
Click Here to view our Vision for the Curriculum
Click Here to view our Curriculum Design
Click Here to view our KS4 Options Booklet
Click Here to view the KS5 Qualifications that the school offers
If you wish to discuss the curriculum, please contact Mr David Thompson – Assistant Principal for Data, Assessment & Reporting. David.Thompson@hartschool.org.uk