The curriculum model at The Hart School is regularly reviewed and redesigned when appropriate in order to reflect:
• The desire for a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum based on the principles of: depth, excellence, equity, clarity and enjoyment.
• The changing educational landscape
• The continuing importance of the EBacc and the introduction of Progress 8 as the headline figures
Aims and Objectives of the Curriculum
The aim of the curriculum is to maximise the number of pupils reaching the highest grades possible in their best eight qualifications studied, thus enabling pupils successful progression to Post 16 opportunities. The objectives underpinning the curriculum model are:
• To accelerate the progress of all pupils, with a clear focus on the basics (English and Maths), • To increase the percentage of pupils continuing their learning Post 16 at the appropriate level
• To facilitate guided choices so as to develop a personalised KS4 curriculum enabling pupils to gain academic success in a variety of subjects that reflect pupils’ needs, interests and strengths.
• To develop responsible citizens with strong British values.
• A coherent 5 year programme from Y7 that supports the Academy in maximising the proportion of pupils achieving the new accountability measures.
Click Here to view our Vision for the Curriculum
Click Here to view our Curriculum Design
Click Here to view our KS4 Options Booklet for 2017-2018
Key Stage 3 Curriculum - 2016 onwards
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
At KS3 the majority of students study:
At KS4 the majority of students study a combination of (GCSE):
- Combined Science
- Geography / History
At KS4 students can choose from:
- GCSE Art
- GCSE Design and Technology
- GCSE ICT/Level 2 qualification
- GCSE Photography
- BTEC Hospitality
- BTEC Engineering
- BTEC Business
- BTEC Health and Social Care
- BTEC Performing Arts – Dance/Music/Acting
- BTEC Sport
Individual Faculty Curriculum Overview for 2016-2017