School Curriculum Intent
Our school curriculum fosters three distinctive strands; The Academic, The Ambition and Knowledge Connected Curriculum. We aim for students at The Hart School to be Lifelong Learners and well prepared to be Responsible Citizens for the Future. Students’ growth in these areas is developed across all aspects of their school experience: subject lessons, tutor time, assemblies and wider curricular opportunities.
Our Curriculum offer:
- Provides a broad and balanced curriculum that is truly comprehensive and accessible to all students, including those with Special Educational Needs.
- Delivers opportunities for students to learn to be successful, to gain useful, transferable skills whilst also acquiring relevant knowledge.
- Enables high standards of academic achievement where outcomes empower students to progress to Higher Education.
- Affords opportunities for all pupils, including those with Special Educational Needs to develop a high level of literacy and numeracy and essential skills in reading, writing and oracy for success in the wider curriculum and in adult life.
- Provides exposure to cultural capital and experiences beyond the classroom to inspire pupils to succeed in the next stage in their education, training or employment.
- Expands students’ perspectives through a range of spiritual, moral, social and cultural opportunities to promote their sense of moral and social responsibility.
- Fosters a strength of character, and resilience that will help pupils to cope with choices and overcome the challenges they are likely to encounter in life.
- Promotes community cohesion and the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Click on a tile below to view the video.
If you wish to discuss the curriculum, please contact Mr David Thompson – Vice Principal for Data, Assessment & Reporting. David.Thompson@hartschool.org.uk