Having greater involvement in your child’s education is an exciting opportunity, with excellent benefits for your child, for you, for the school and for the local community.
LPPA is a national award that provides The Hart School with a valuable school improvement tool alongside giving us recognition for our commitment to working with parents.
Research has identified that, at age 7, a parent’s influence on a child’s learning is six times that of their school and even at 11 years old, it is 29% greater. Increased involvement can raise achievement by at least 18%. No involvement means low or no qualifications at 16.
We are using the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) to help strengthen our school’s partnership with parents such as so that we better understand the needs of our community in order to continue providing our young learners with the high quality provision they deserve.
- Improved pupil attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress.
- Enhance parents’ support in their children’s learning.
- Improved communication between home and school.
- Increased parent participation and involvement.
How can families help us gain the award?
- Come along to events we organise if you are able.
- Join our Parent Forum.
- Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can.
- Read all information that we send out.
If you would like to be more involved or want any additional information, please contact myself Miss Joanne Crofts (firstname.lastname@example.org).