What Parents And Carers Need To Know
‘Think you know’ have launched a series of short film clips to support parents and carers to offer advice and support on how to keep children safe from the risks associated with sharing nude and nearly nude images.
The films are aimed to help parents and carers to:
- Understand young people’s motivations for sending nude selfies.
- Plan to respond positively and constructively to an incident where their child has shared a nude selfie.
- Gain confidence and skills in initiating preventative conversations.
- Identify risky behaviours or situations and know how to seek help.
- Know how to get help if a child is at risk after sharing an image.
- The films are based on a two-year qualitative investigation overseen by the University of Edinburgh, University of Linköping (Sweden), Innocence in Danger (Germany) and the CEOP (Command of the National Crime Agency).
Remove A Nude Image Shared Online
- It can be scary finding out a nude image or video of you has been shared online. But Childline can help. Click link below to get your image or video removed from the internet.