Careers Information For Teachers
At The Hart School wewould like all subject areas to implement the following where possible:
- Have a prminent display that promotes different careers linked to your subject area
- Develop links with business and organisations
- Invite alumni and other external speakers to come into school (virtually when an actual visit is not feasible)
- Record careers learning oppertunities for students within the schemes of learning
- Take part in whole school or year group specific careers activities and workshops
- Record any trips linked to careers on Unifrog for students to review their career journey
You as teachers play a vital part in the delivery of the careers programme designed by our careers team. Students will always look to you for guidance along their school journey which will include their next steps and careers pathways.
In order to support our staff we have provided some useful guidance here about what you will be asked to deliver, what the Gatsby Benchmarks and guides to help you use Unifrog, so you can trust that you are passing on relevant and up to date information relating to careers to guide any conversations with students either in passing or within your teaching.
Support is always available fro mthe the careers team should you need it, don’t hesitate to ask for our support:
Miss S Dosanjh, Assistant Principal – Sandip.Dosanjh@hartschool.org.uk
There are a range of resources on the market that suggest the ways of incorporating careers learning into different subject areas. Heads of faculties will be provided with any materials that the careers has available.